Sex to Save the World Zoom Meetup Discussion Group
Community Director, Mojo Mustapha hosts a series of Discussion Groups in Portland, OR, one of the most progressive and sex-positive cities in the US.
Mojo hosts Sex to Save the World discussion groups as part of Sex-Positive Portland (SPP), an organization centered around understanding and exploring all aspects of human sexuality, consent, relationship styles, kink, gender, and orientation.
In 2021, we will be hosting these discussion groups through a related organization, Empowered Pleasure. Groups will be hosted online to ensure maximum participation.
It has been a wonderful success with many intelligent sex-positive people showing up for an evening of great conversation.
Upcoming Discussion Groups for 2021 in Portland
Sex & Free Speech. 4-Part Series. Zoom Discussion Group 1 - Humor - March 23, 2021.
Hosted by Empowered Pleasure.
- Cougars for World Peace: Consensual Intergenerational Dating
- Military versus Militant Feminism: Women being strong and sex-positive
- Monogamy, Polyamory, and Gender Equality
- Sex Positive Feminism, Political Correctness, and Free Speech
- Sexually Incorrect! Gender Politics, Kink, and non-PC fantasies
- Sex Positive Birth Control
- Sex & Travel - The Problems and Pleasures of International Dating
- Sex & Violence
For those who would like to attend for free, please check out our Volunteer Opportunities.
We charge a small fee to create a filter for those who wish to intelligently talk about sex in a way that is civil and safe.
DISCUSSION GROUP DETAILS:
- $10 fee to attend discussion groups on subjects that interest you!
- We offer Volunteer options for those who would like to attend for free.
- A full list of our sex and society topics can be found at Hedo Feminista Discussion Topics.
Past Meetups ARCHIVE:
Here are some of our past meetups. Some might be repeated due to popularity! Please let us know if you'd like to have one repeated.
- Sex & the Workplace: Sex Positive Portland (SPP)
- Ending Slut-Shaming - Oct 15, 2018
- “Tantric Ganja”: Marijuana as a better consent aphrodisiac compared to alcohol - Oct 22, 2018
- “Sex Workers”: Benefits to society for legalized sex work - Nov 5, 2018
- EcoSex Entrepreneur: Sex Positive capitalism to address social or environmental issues. Nov 19, 2018
- Sex & Politics - Jan 9, 2019
- Sex & Religion - Feb 26, 2019
- Sex & Family - Nov 5, 2019
According to the Guardian, other media, and anecdotal reports, Portland is one of the most progressive and sex-positive cities in the world today. Aside from the many erotic venues, there are discussion groups and workshops that all work with sexuality.
As a result of Portland's liberal foundation, Mojo decided to host the first Sex to Save the World Discussion Groups in this beautiful, tolerant city.
However, because of the nature of the HedoFeminista Sociology of Sex discussion groups, many people like to attend from the comfort of their homes. Hosting the group online also allows us to maximize participation in the world.
Discussion Group Volunteer Options for Free Attendance to Meetups
We charge a fee of $10 for each discussion group. However, we offer a Volunteer program to attend the group for free in Portland:
- 1) Meetup Setup and Check-ins: Help to set up, do check-ins, and help to close down. You can then attend the discussion group free of charge.
- 2) Research and Writing Volunteer. We are always doing updates, proofreading, and writing of content of these discussion groups. Some of the subjects we are working on can be found on the Hedo Feminista Sex & Society Essays. For 2 hours of writing and research, which you can do at home, you can attend any discussion group for free.