Hedo Feminista Zoom Meetup Discussion Group
Community Director, Mojo Mustapha hosts a series of Discussion Groups in Portland, OR, one of the most progressive and sex-positive cities in the US.
Mojo hosts Hedo Feminista discussion groups as part of Empowered Pleasure, an organization centered around understanding and exploring all aspects of human sexuality, consent, relationship styles, kink, gender, and orientation.
This is sex-positive Meetup group is based in Portland OR. It is free to join the group. You only pay for the classes or workshops you attend.
These discussion groups are designed to be fun, challenging and educational with many intelligent sex-positive people showing up for a Zoom evening of great conversation.
Upcoming Discussion Groups for 2021 in Portland
We are doing the groups by zoom for broader participation as the themes we discuss transcend geographical location.
Hedo Feminista Sex & Free Speech. 4-Part Discuss Group Series
2021 Calendar via Zoom:
Module 1 - March 23, 2021 - Humor & Satire
- Module 2 - May 13, 2021 - Criticisms & Compliments
- Module 3 - TBA - Ignorance & Curiosity
- Module 4 - TBA - Stereotypes
In each discussion group, we practice the PRePP approach to dealing with feelings of offense when confronted by "microaggressions", jokes, criticism, ignorance and stereotypes.
The group is in two parts. The first is a practice session. Participants then get to practice PRePP with the host if they are offended by any content in the speech.
Hedonisia Free Speech PRePP Conversation Guidelines: These are simple principles that allow for open easy conversations that respect the individuality of each speaker as representing themselves and not the demographic groups they come from.
In the second part, we discuss a subject that can be triggering or is politically incorrect.
- Race & Gender Play. Politically incorrect sexual play between genders and races.
- Military versus Militant Feminism: Women being strong and sex-positive rather than victimized.
- Cougars for World Peace: Consensual Intergenerational Dating
- White and African American women and their role in the Sexual Revolution.
- Sex Positive Feminism, Political Correctness, and Free Speech.
- Sexually Incorrect! Gender Politics, Kink, and non-PC fantasies.
- The Problems and Pleasures of International Dating.
DISCUSSION GROUP DETAILS:
- $10 fee to attend discussion groups on subjects that interest you!
- We offer Volunteer options for those who would like to attend for free.
Past Meetups ARCHIVE:
Here are some of our past meetups. Some might be repeated due to popularity. Please let us know if you'd like to have one repeated.
- Sex & the Workplace: Sex Positive Portland (SPP)
- Ending Slut-Shaming - Oct 15, 2018
- “Tantric Ganja”: Marijuana as a better consent aphrodisiac compared to alcohol - Oct 22, 2018
- “Sex Workers”: Benefits to society for legalized sex work - Nov 5, 2018
- EcoSex Entrepreneur: Sex Positive capitalism to address social or environmental issues. Nov 19, 2018
- Sex & Politics - Jan 9, 2019
- Sex & Religion - Feb 26, 2019
- Sex & Family - Nov 5, 2019
However, because of the nature of the HedoFeminista Sociology of Sex discussion groups, many people like to attend from the comfort of their homes. Hosting the group online also allows us to maximize participation in the world.
Discussion Group Volunteer Options for Free Attendance to Meetups
We charge a fee of $10 for each discussion group. However, we offer a Volunteer program to attend the group for free in Portland:
- Research and Writing Volunteer. We are always doing updates, proofreading, and writing of content of these discussion groups. Some of the subjects we are working on can be found on the Hedo Feminista Sex & Society Essays. For 2 hours of writing and research, which you can do at home, you can attend any discussion group for free.