Portland Sex to Save the World Meetup
Community Director, Mojo hosts a series of Discussion Groups in Portland, OR, one of the most progressive and sex-positive cities in the US.
Mojo hosts Sex to Save the World discussion groups as part of Sex Positive Portland (SPP), an organization centered around understanding and exploring all aspects of human sexuality, consent, relationship styles, kink, gender, and orientation.
It has been a wonderful success with many intelligent sex-positive people showing up for an evening of great conversation.
Upcoming Discussion Groups for 2019 in Portland!
- Sex & Family - SPP Center
- Cougars for World Peace: Intergenerational Dating - To Be Announced
- Military versus Militant Feminism: Women being strong and sex-positive! - TBA
- Monogamy, Polyamory, and Gender Equality. - TBA
- Sex Positive Feminism, Political Correctness, and Free Speech. - TBA
- Sexually Incorrect! Gender Politics, Kink, and non-PC fantasies. - TBA
- Sex Positive Birth Control - TBA
- Sex & Travel - The Problems and Pleasures of International Dating - TBA
- Sex & Violence - TBA
Sex Positive Portland is a private meetup to ensure greater privacy and confidentiality for its members. To view upcoming events you must join as a Member.
We offer Student and Military discounts. For those who would like to attend for free, please check out our Volunteer Opportunities.
We charge a small fee of $10 for each discussion group for a number of reasons:
- to help to pay our expenses (snacks, room, etc)
- to create a filter for those who wish to intelligently talk about sex in a way that is civil and safe!
Past Meetups ARCHIVE:
Here are some of our past meetups. Some might be repeated due to popularity! Please let us know if you'd like to have one repeated.
- Sex & the Workplace: Sex Positive Portland (SPP)
- Ending Slut-Shaming - Oct 15, 2018
- “Tantric Ganja”: Marijuana as a better consent aphrodisiac compared to alcohol - Oct 22, 2018
- “Sex Workers”: Benefits to society for legalized sex work - Nov 5
- EcoSex Entrepreneur: Sex Positive capitalism to address social or environmental issues. Nov 19, 2018
- Sex & Politics! - Jan 9, 2019
- Sex & Religion - Feb 26, 2019
- Sex & Family - Nov 5, 2019
- January 26, 2021 - Sex & Free Speech. Hedo Feminista Zoom Discussion Group. Hosted by Empowered Pleasure.
Portland OR: Discussion Group Volunteer Options
According to the Guardian, other media, and anecdotal reports, Portland is one of the most progressive and sex-positive cities in the world today. Aside from the many erotic venues, there are discussion groups and workshops that all work with sexuality.
As a result of Portland's liberal foundation, Mojo decided to host the first Sex to Save the World Discussion Groups in this beautiful, tolerant city.
Volunteer Options for Free Attendance to Meetups
We charge a fee of $10 for each discussion group. However, we offer a Volunteer program to attend the group for free in Portland:
- 1) Meetup Setup and Check-ins: Help to set up, do check-ins, and help to close down. You can then attend the discussion group free of charge.
- 2) Research and Writing Volunteer. We are always doing updates, proofreading, and writing of content of these discussion groups. Some of the subjects we are working on can be found on the Hedo Feminista Sex & Society Essays. For 2 hours of writing and research, which you can do at home, you can attend any discussion group for free!