Hedo Feminista Volunteer and Intern Projects
Volunteers can choose to do writing and research work on these sex-positive subjects! Here is a small sample of the kinds of work that you can do.
From Sex and Religion to Sex and Politics, talking about sex is often always controversial. So this project is not for the politically correct!
The raw essays of these ebooks are in the Member's Area. If accepted to work as a volunteer on these projects you will receive a Username and Login which allows you to access and work on the articles.
We are looking for applicants with research, debate, proofreading, writing, and editing skills.
- Reading. Each Intern chooses an article in the Sexually Incorrect or Sustainable Sexuality books based on their interests. For example, Sex & Politics or Sex and the Media.
- Discussion. Then we have a discussion to make sure we agree on the main arguments of the essay.
- Writing. Once we agree on the work that needs to be done to complete the essay you can write and research as creatively as you wish! This will be your personal research project for the duration of your stay.
- Challenges. We welcome you to challenge our arguments. If there is something in one of our postings that you absolutely don't agree with then write it in blue! We will either have to rephrase our point, make a change, or articulate our defense. But as with immunity systems, our essays can only grow stronger with challenges!
- Fact-Checking. For many of the issues raised in our essays we need further research for facts or supporting evidence with bibliographic reference and link to the original source.
- Corrections. Correct mistakes in grammar/spelling etc and revise the existing text.
- Conclusion. The goal is to complete your chosen essay during your time at our community in Hawaii. If we use the essay in our published book then we credit your contribution.
- Updates of Articles. We are slowly creating synopses of the Sociology of Sex Member articles.
Hedo Feminista Volunteers
Many of the volunteers who have helped on this site have done so with requests for their confidentiality. We respect that due to the fact that open discussions of sexuality are still forbidden and frowned upon in many cultures.
We are starting to highlight some of the volunteer contributors to this website and the projects they are working on:
- Design X Garcia: Graphic Design by Laura. The graphic below was created by Laura, an amazing graphic artist.
Volunteer Application Form