Hedo Feminista Volunteer and Intern Projects
Volunteers can choose to do writing and research work on these sex-positive subjects! Here is a small sample of the kinds of work that you can do:
1) Sexually Incorrect & Sustainable Sexuality: These ebook essays address various aspects of human behavior and sex in the modern world.
From Sex and Religion to Sex and Politics, talking about sex is often always controversial. So this project is not for the politically correct!
The raw essays of these ebooks are in the paid Member's Area. If accepted to work as a volunteer on these projects you will receive a Username and Login which allows you to access and work on the articles.
We are looking for applicants with research, debate, proofreading, writing, and editing skills.
- Reading! Each Intern chooses an article in the Sexually Incorrect or Sustainable Sexuality books based on their interests. For example, Sex & Politics or Sex and the Media.
- Discussion. Then we have a discussion to make sure we agree on the main arguments of the essay.
- Writing. Once we agree on the work that needs to be done to complete the essay you can write and research as creatively as you wish! This will be your personal research project for the duration of your stay.
- Challenges. We welcome you to challenge our arguments. If there is something in one of our postings that you absolutely don't agree with then write it in blue! We will either have to rephrase our point, make a change, or articulate our defense. But as with immunity systems, our essays can only grow stronger with challenges!
- Fact-Checking. For many of the issues raised in our essays we need further research for facts or supporting evidence with bibliographic reference and link to the original source.
- Corrections. Correct mistakes in grammar/spelling etc and revise the existing text.
- Conclusion. The goal is to complete your chosen essay during your time at our community in Hawaii. If we use the essay in our published book then we credit your contribution.
- Updates of Public Articles. We are slowly creating synopses of the Sexually Incorrect Member articles for the public area of this website.
3) Future Book Project: From Islam to Free Love
- Scan and Organize media articles and research on anecdotal stories and stats on female sexuality in Muslim countries
- Research areas of Quran & Hadith that deal with females, feminism, and sexuality
- Research pivotal events that gave rise to "modern" Islamic fundamentalism
- Research positive sensual role models in Islam like Irshad Manji and Ayaan al Hirsi.
4) EcoSexual Entrepreneur Web Design & Social Networking
- Graphic Design: This is a new site that does not yet have a customized design. Perfect for someone looking to add to their portfolio!
- WordPress Expert: We would love to have someone work with us to add more advanced WordPress widgets, plugins, and other interactive features.
- SEO and Social Network: Writing promotional texts, link exchanges, and Promotion of individual articles. SEO optimization.
5) World Art Erotica Image Archives. Our sensual art museum is in continual need of a curator to organize and edit the new historical images which we want to add to our online collections of royalty-free erotica.
Our ideal Intern can have any of the following skills, interests, or experience:
- Post Secondary Education. Minimum one year of college-level study in any of the following subjects: sociology, women's studies, human sexuality, international affairs, psychology, holistic health studies, liberal arts, humanities, environmental studies, communications or political science.
- Completion of a human sexuality course or workshop. At one of the following centers: Human Awareness Institute, Sky Dancing Tantra, The Humaniversity, One Taste, Sacred Eros, Sex Positive Portland or other similar organizations.
- Online Research. Experience with online research (e.g. using Google and other search engines)
- Computer Proficiency. Including experience with Google Docs. Experience with WordPress, Photoshop, web design, graphic design, might be required for certain projects.
- Sex Work. Work experience in a sex-related field may be substituted for formal education. Please specify what related work experience you have.
- Alternative Relationship Experience. As part-time residents of Portland, the most sexually progressive city in America, we see more and more people embracing alternative relationships to the traditional norms. Such anecdotal experience is valuable for some of the essays in our ebooks!
Intern Application Form