EcoFeminism Volunteer Opportunities
EcoFeminist Entrepreneur is managed in the Hedonisia Portland Micro-Community. As a micro-business, we are still able to embody Community Activist Feminist & Environmental principles and earn enough to continually grow and evolve.
Hedonisia EcoFeminist Partnerships or Startup Incubator! One of the most effective ways to learn is by actually managing a social entrepreneur community as part of our intern team! We even act as a start-up incubator for interns with an EcoFeminist Entrepreneur idea of their own!
Options to volunteer on our Eco-Feminist Entrepreneur Portfolio:
- Portland Micro-Community Volunteer for Rent Reduction. If you live in or plan to visit Portland for at least a month, this is an option!
- Hedonisia Hawaii Eco-Community. We are rebuilding our community from the destruction of the Kilauea volcano in 2018. Join us as a volunteer and either be part of our physical rebuilding or brainwork on our Eco-Feminist Entrepreneur Portfolio.
- Virtual Volunteer Program! You can work from home in advance to build and 'bank' volunteer hours in exchange for lodgings for a future eco-vacation at Hedonisia Hawaii!
Hedo Feminista Volunteer
Work Descriptions & Requirements
One of the biggest projects we do is writing and research for the site and our video ecourse.
For example, we need to fact check and quote studies and research that support some of the central ideas in the EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Video eCourse.
Applicants who wish to work on this site should have at least some of the following qualifications:
- Education. We welcome applicants with writing and online research experience. These projects are perfect for students, graduates, or professionals in the fields of Sociology, Women’s and Gender Studies, Psychology, Humanities, or other liberal arts program.
- Computer Proficiency. Include experience with Google Docs, editing pages in WordPress, Photoshop, web design, graphic design, SEO, or any other related software experience.
- Related Work Experience can be substituted for formal education experience. Please specify what related work experience you have. We prefer applicants with skills, interests, and experience relevant to the projects they wish to work on!
- Basic Research Skills: Including writing, footnotes, and bookmarks. Experience with online research (e.g. using Google and other search engines)
- Certificate of Completion: If an Intern or Volunteer is a student, then we can adjust their hours to reflect the requirements of their educational institution.
Portland Eco-Feminist Volunteer Option!
As the TV show, Portlandia cheekily observes, Portland is one of the most 'feminist' cities in the USA! We love progressive Portland so much we created a tiny Hedonisia Portland Micro-Community Volunteer Rental in a beautiful 2-bedroom apartment in SE Portland.
We offer one of those bedrooms, 3 times a year as a temporary rental!
Eco-feminists who need a temporary room for rent in Portland can volunteer a few hours a month in exchange for rent reduction! Portland Eco-Feminist Roommate Online Application
Portland OR: Discussion Group Volunteer Options
According to the Guardian, other media and anecdotal reports, Portland is one of the most progressive and sex-positive cities in the world today. Aside from the many erotic venues, there are discussion groups and workshops that all work with sexuality.
As a result of Portland's liberal foundation, Mojo decided to host the first Sex to Save the World Discussion Groups in this beautiful, tolerant city.
Volunteer Options for Free Attendance to Meetups!
We charge a fee of $10 for each discussion group. However, we offer a Volunteer program to attend the group for free in Portland:
1) Meetup Setup and Check-ins: Help to set up, do check-ins, and help to close down. You can then attend the discussion group free of charge! Limited to 2 volunteers per session.
2) Research and Writing Volunteer. We are always doing updates, proofreading, and writing of content of these discussion groups. Some of the subjects we are working on can be found on our home page. For 2 hours of writing and research, which you can do at home, you can attend any discussion group for free!
From our new base in Portland, we offer a number of Community, Activist, Feminist, Environmental, and Sex Positive educational and volunteer web-based resources with our EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Web Portfolio.
If you have related skills, education or experience you may apply to work as a Volunteer, Intern, and specialize in Writing & Research!
If you live in Portland OR, you can also apply to be a volunteer at our Sex to Save the World Discussion Group and attend for free!