Hedo Feminista Mojo Mustapha
With a background in Sociology and Women's Studies and travels to 36 countries, Mojo has a lifetime of observing how sexual dysfunctions affect society and the world. Mojo was born a Muslim. He saw firsthand, the way Islam punishes women who dare to express their sexuality. Islam has harsh sanctions on a woman exploring her sexuality outside of marriage compared to men, who have much more freedom.
Mojo's travels and education gave him inspiration, ideas, and insight to make a difference in the world but also to have fun.
In May 2018, the Kilauea volcanic eruption destroyed the Hedonisia community. 75% of the property is now covered in lava rock.
After the loss of his community, Mojo moved to Portland, OR. He continues to live there while managing the Rebirth Hedonisia Crowdfund to return and rebuild Hedonisia Hawaii.
Mojo at Hedonisia Hawaii before it was taken by the volcano
Mojo in his own words
Throughout my life of traveling I have dealt with many politically incorrect, prejudiced and socially awkward situations in many cultures. In Japan, it was extremely difficult for me to get a job as an English teacher despite having a work visa. “Mojo-san. So sorry but you cannot teach English because you are Indo-jin, Indian.
In Zimbabwe, I was called “little Indian man” wherever I went. In rural Switzerland, I was told by a very kindly lady whose daughter I was dating, “In Switzerland, we eat at the table but if you want to eat on the floor, that’s okay.”
If I had chosen to be offended in any of those situations, I would not have had many other experiences that ended up happening to me. I had a fantastic time living in Bulawayo with the Matabele people. I loved the older Swiss lady who had hardly ever known a foreigner in her little corner of Switzerland.
With the Japanese experience, I had hair at the time so I got a perm to make me look more Italian than Indian (See pic!)
EcoFeminist Projects in the Hedonisia Community Portfolio:
- a) Ecosensual.org: Despite all the technology we have, there are still no truly safe and eco-friendly birth control methods in the world today. We have created a safe, effective, and sensual natural birth control calendar for those who wish to enjoy sex without unwanted pregnancy.
Social Issues Addressed: healthy sexuality, natural birth control, couples therapy, environmentalism, overpopulation, reproductive rights.
- b) Hedo Feminista Entrepreneur: Learn to create a business to support or advance gender equality through female empowerment rather than victimization.
Social Issues Addressed: female equality through economic empowerment.
- c) NaturalMiscarriage.org: Private and effective natural abortion information for women who wish to have the right to reproductive choice and options. We consider reproductive rights as a sensual project because if a woman is not in control of her fertility she is not sexually equal.
Social Issues Addressed: female empowerment, environmentalism, overpopulation, reproductive rights, female sexuality.
- d) TantricGanja.com: A sex-positive marijuana-based aphrodisiac that allows both women and men greater control of their sexuality and consent than alcohol.
Social Issues Addressed: Female sexual empowerment, reduction of rape.
- e) WorldArtErotica.com: Virtual Museum of Cultural, Historical Erotic Art and Literature from around the World.
Social Issues Addressed: sexual liberation, multiculturalism, freedom of expression, art therapy, positive cultural or historical sexual teachings.